Saturday 5 December 2015

L'Oreal True Match Foundation Review

If you're into makeup then I'm sure at some point you will have come across this foundation! It was one of my favourites a few years ago and when I was out shopping recently I saw that they had reformulated it!

Loreal True Match Foundation Review Beauty Blog


The Good:

-There is a huuuge shade range, no matter your skin tone and under tone. The new formula contains 3 skin enhancers for ultimate shade matching precision, so your face will always match your neck ;)

- It has a build-able coverage, depending on whether you want a subtle glow or a flawless finish you can easily build up layers without looking cakey.

-Offers a luminous and radiant finish, if you like a matte face then this isn't for you but if you are after something with a glow, it's perfect.

-The price, it's only £10 in Boots at the moment!

The Bad:

- If you are after long-wearing then you will NEED a primer. I have found that even though my skin is quite dry at the moment it still has the tendency to start rolling off my face without primer by lunch time.

-I have also found it does cling to dry patches a little 

Overall I have found that this foundation is perfect for me in the summer, as far as my winter skin goes I tend to prefer a more matte finish personally. I will always have a back up of this foundation in my collection as I find it's good for the everyday look when you don't want totally full coverage but also don't want to look like a zombie! If you are just starting out with make up I'd recommend it as a good starter foundation as getting the colour correct can be very difficult!
As far as 'drugstore' foundations go it's definitely up with the top but doesn't come as close as my ultimate Rimmel True Match.

Overall rating: 7/10

Tip: Stay away from the 'Rose' named coloured. My make up tutor at college would always tell us to step away from the pink tones even if your quite pink as the all over look never looks right!

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top